Campbell Interest and Skill Survey (CISS)
Clients with the monthly coaching package receive a discounted rate on the CISS.
Author: David Campbell, PhD
Vocational interest and skills inventory with career planner for college-bound or college-educated individuals.
At a Glance:
- Completion Time: 25 minutes (200 interest and 120 skill items, 6-point response scale)
- Reading Level: 6th grade
- Report Options: Profile
- Psychometrics: 5,225 working adults
- Qualification level: B,Q2-Level
- Publication Date: 1992
- Ages / Grades: 15 years and older
- Language: Available in Spanish
The CISS instrument goes beyond traditional inventories by adding parallel skill scales that provide estimates of an individual's confidence in his or her ability to perform various occupational activities. Together, two types of scales provide more comprehensive, richer data than interest scores alone.
Counselors, psychologists, and human resource professionals in mental health, business, and educational settings use the CISS survey to help:
- Explore new avenues in career development
- Pinpoint areas of academic study that can build skills and, as a result, increase career options
- Support personal counseling by identifying occupations or vocations that help meet the individual's needs
- Advise displaced and transitioning employees in outplacement programs
- The use of both traditional interest scales and parallel skill scales helps individuals gain a more thorough understanding of suitable career options.
- The CISS instrument uses easily understood, contemporary items.
- Test items reflect a respect for individuals of different gender, race, religion, and national origin.
- Combined gender scales allow for the broadest interpretation of survey results.
The seven Orientation Scales, 29 Basic Scales are based on Dr. Campbell's model for occupational orientations. These orientations generally correspond to the familiar RIASEC themes.
The 29 Basic Scales, which represent parallel interest and skills scores, divide the Orientation Scales into the following categories:
|Influencing:||Leadership, Law/Politics, Public Speaking, Sales, Advertising/Marketing|
|Organizing:||Supervision, Financial Services, Office Practices|
|Helping:||Adult Development, Counseling, Child Development, Religious Activities, Medical Practice|
|Creating:||Art/Design, Performing Arts, Writing, International Activities, Fashion, Culinary Arts|
|Producing:||Mechanical Crafts, Woodworking, Farming/Forestry, Plants/Gardens, Animal Care|
|Adventuring:||Athletics/Physical Fitness, Military/Law Enforcement, Risks/Adventure|
The CISS instrument was standardized using a reference sample of 5,225 employed men and women representing a wide array of occupations and ethnic backgrounds.
- Get access to the CISS for $75
- Includes a complimentary 30-minute coaching session.
- You can pay for the CISS with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express or bank draft (EFT). You can also pay with PayPal.
- Clients with the monthly coaching package receive a discounted rate.